This is a pre-order item.
PRE-ORDER: $650 DEPOSIT / $1200 RETAIL - SHIPS JULY 2019.
Deadline: January 25th
View our footwear pre-order terms and conditions
Every great pair of footwear begins with a good last, and these start from a custom made last designed by John to give a 1950's silhouette to the boot (no toe bump, with a nice taper to the shape). This is the last used in all of his engineer boots, and it's incredibly comfortably from day one.
The upper is a Shinki horsehide, tanned in Japan, in a color they call "dark cherry". We picked it because it brings out all the character inherent in horsehide - scars, marks, grain variation and other features that would normally be hidden in the tanning process. Because of this, every single pair will be different and wear in differently. If you're looking for a smooth, consistent finish to your boots, these are not the right choice for you.
The rest of the construction details are on par with that fantastic horsehide- Japanese steel shanks, British Goodyear welting, and brass-coated steel buckles made in Tokyo. Even the labels are made on shuttle looms.
All of this goodness is pulled together and turned into boots at one of the best (and exclusive) footwear factories in Japan near Sendai. It's a spectacularly nice facility, with every machine in excellent repair and perfect tune.
These fit true to your size in the Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last. We recommend choosing 0.5 size larger than your John Lofgren Donkey Puncher, Combat Boot or M-43 boot size.
We're offering free shipping to Japan on these boots.
- Shinki Hikaku horsehide leather upper
- Exclusive to Standard & Strange
- Fully lined with horsehide leather
- Custom shuttle loomed labels
- Brass-coated steel buckles
- Custom John Lofgren lasts
- USA-made Vibram 705 sole and 700 heel
- Steel shanks
- Goodyear storm welted
- Approx. 12.5" height
- Free shipping to Japan
- Made in Japan
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.