For over thirty years, Eastman Leather Clothing has been producing some of the best military and vintage repro in the western world. Our latest delivery primarily comes from Eastman's new "Combat Collection" - a set of stunningly reproduced and high quality vintage US military pieces, some very rare, custom made in Japan.
In the early days of the Vietnam war, camouflage garments were not yet being produced or issued to fighting forces by the US military, instead issuing soldiers the classic issue "greens". Special Forces units fighting in Vietnam recognized the need for clothing that provided better camouflaging qualities, so they would have "theatre-made" (aka locally produced) garments made from available camo-print fabrics to better suit their needs.
This shirt is a reproduction of an unofficial P-56 shirt, the big brother of the P-53 shirt and the predecessor to the OG-107 Utility Shirt, featuring all the standard details: two flap chest pockets and a large interior breast pocket, a button closure, and a roomy fit through the body- same as the standard issue version. Mil spec. buttons give you a way to close the shirt if you're cold or just if you prefer it to not be open.
Sewn up in a specially treated custom "jungle fade" Mitchell Camo in a 100% plain weave cotton with a reverse pattern on the inside, the fabric is a near flawless reproduction of the original USMC Standard Pattern Jungle/Leaf Camouflage (also known as Mitchell camo). Mitchell camo was only ever officially used for helmet covers and shelter halves, however it remains today as one of the most popular and sought after camouflage patterns in the collectors market. The jungle fade comes from Eastman's Time Worn finish to give it a faded, sun-bleached look from brand new.
Designed by Eastman Leather Clothing in England and manufactured in the John Lofgren workshops in Japan.
Runs small, particularly in the sleeves. Consult our size chart before ordering. Minimal shrinkage expected with a cold wash and a hang dry.
- 100% custom made plain weave cotton.
- Mil spec. buttons
- Time Worn finish "USMC Standard Pattern/Jungle Leaf (Mitchell) camouflage
- Based on an unofficial Special Forces P-56 shirt worn in Vietnam
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Fits small, size up
- Designed in England
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.