For over thirty years, Eastman Leather Clothing has been producing some of the best military and vintage repro in the western world. Our latest delivery primarily comes from Eastman's new "Combat Collection" - a set of stunningly reproduced and high quality vintage US military pieces, some very rare, custom made in Japan.
In the early days of the Vietnam war, camouflage garments were not yet being produced or issued to fighting forces by the US military, instead issuing soldiers the classic issue "greens". Special Forces units fighting in Vietnam recognized the need for clothing that provided better camouflaging qualities, so they would have "theatre-made" (aka locally produced) garments made from available camo-print fabrics to better suit their needs.
This shirt is a reproduction of an unofficial P-53 shirt, the predecessor to the P-56 shirt, which in turn was the predecessor of the OG-107 Utility Shirt, featuring all the standard details: two button-down chest pockets and a large interior breast pocket, a button closure, and a roomy fit through the body- same as the standard issue version. Mil spec. buttons give you a way to close both the shirt and the pockets.
The real star here is the fabric, a completely custom cotton herringbone twill (HBT) woven and dyed in Japan, and designed to match the original wartime military specifications. It's an incredibly accurate and very expensive fabric to produce, matching the original in weight and hand- it feels and drapes exactly like an original military garment would. This authenticity and quality extends to the print as well, a double-sided "warmer gold" tone Frogskin camouflage, one of the most sought after Frogskin colorways in the collectors market. Designed by Eastman Leather Clothing in England and manufactured in the John Lofgren workshops in Japan.
Runs small, particularly in the sleeves. Consult our size chart before ordering. Minimal shrinkage expected with a cold wash and a hang dry.
- 100% cotton custom-made Mil spec. HBT
- Mil spec. buttons
- "Warmer gold" hue Frogskin camo print with reverse pattern on the inside
- Based on an unofficial Special Forces P-53 shirt worn in Vietnam
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Fits small, size up
- Designed in England
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
Extended Winter Return Policy
Orders made between December 5 to December 25 can be returned until January 10, 2021
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.