Grant Stone was founded in 2016, but the groundwork for the company started being laid decades ago - when the son of a renowned New England boot-and-shoe salesman built a relationship with a shoe factory in China. Decades later, his son packed his bags and moved from Michigan to Xiamen, China, to work in that very same factory. Eight years after that, Grant Stone (the boot brand, there is no person named Grant Stone) was born.
Not interested in cutting corners or dropping prices, Grant Stone boots are made from the very best materials, sourced globally, & assembled utilizing difficult (but superior) construction methods to create a product that will speak for itself. Their relationship with the factory gives them incredible flexibility with their designs, leaving room to experiment and develop new processes on the workshop floor more quickly and easily than other brands.
The Ottowa Boot is Grant Stone's very clean take on the Norwegian Split Toe boot. Distinguished by the split toe panel and elevated moc stitch around the toe, these boast an equally high quality build on the inside - sandwiched between the veg tan leather outsole, midsole, and insole is a full cork filling with a steel shank support. Holding all that together is a 360 storm welt with an impressively high SPI (stitches-per-inch).
These are built on Grant Stone's Leo last, a pretty classic D-width last with an almond shape and standard fit. This last is very accommodating to a wide range of feet, and generally fits best when taken 0.5 size smaller than your brannock size.
Sewn up in the Badalassi Carlo Tannery's famous Minerva leather, this is a full grain, vegetable-tanned cowhide from one of Italy's premier tanneries. Beyond the striking initial color, the veg-tanned leather will continue to darken and take on new texture with age and wear. The break-in is similarly quick, taking the shape of your foot with ease and molding into the most comfortable fit.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock size.
- Natural vegetable-tanned cowhide leather uppers
- Minerva leather from Badalassi Carlo Tannery in Italy
- Full grain cowhide lining from Milwaukee, WI
- Grant Stone Leo last
- 6" height
- Split toe
- 360 storm welt
- Grant Stone leather outsole + heel
- Leather insole and midsole
- Cork fill & steel shank support beneath the insole
- 4 solid brass eyelets + 3 solid brass speed hooks
- Extra laces & shoe horn included with boots
- Custom gold foil internal heel stamp
- Handmade in Xiamen, China
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the Grant Stone Leo Last
Need help with sizing? Contact us.
The Leo last is very accommodating and follows pretty standard sizing for handmade footwear. Almost everyone will find the best fit by choosing one size smaller than their Brannock measurement - or by taking the same size as their Red Wing Heritage / Alden Barrie boots.
- Narrow and low volume feet:
- 1 size smaller than Brannock
- D-Width and average volume feet:
- 0.5 size smaller than Brannock
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.