Two absolute titans of the denim world, Old Blue Co. & Samurai Jeans have teamed up create a truly remarkable and one-of-a-kind pair of jeans. The first ever collaboration between our friends at Old Blue and another denim maker, these are an absolute master class on the "American" blue jean, designed in Jakarta, Indonesia & produced in Osaka, Japan.
We've carried Old Blue for years now, and from day one they've been among our very favorite brands and our very favorite people. Designing and producing in Jakarta, Indonesia, using fabrics from around the world and meticulous old-world construction methods, Old Blue produce some truly exceptional clothing, with a unique sense of flair and perspective that we haven't encountered anywhere else in the world.
Samurai Jeans have been around a bit longer, originally founded in 1997, their influence has been felt throughout the denim world for decades. Seeking to produce the very best jeans possible, they work with highly refined custom materials, utilizing vintage machines and the highly developed technical skills required to operate them. The brand wears its inspiration (the Samurai) on its sleeve, delivering remarkable quality goods with the precision of a master swordsman.
These jeans are cut on Samurai's 710 block, a subtly-tapered fit that visually reads more like a slim-straight cut, with a medium rise and a leg opening that comfortably fits over boots. The top block and thighs are on the more trim side, but aren't slim or skinny. The fit is deceptively accommodating, and when paired with the unsanforized denim, makes for a jean that you will be able to comfortably fit in a range of sizes - go true to size for a snug, slim fit, size up one for a more classic slim-straight, or size up 2-3 sizes for a more relaxed, vintage fit.
These are made from Samurai's 21oz raw "Cho-Kiwami" selvedge denim, which is made from a blend of 40% supima cotton & 60% Egyptian cotton, both long-staple fibers that feel softer, last longer, and breathe better than your standard cotton. The fabric is tightly woven, with subtle irregularities visible in the reverse of the weave, and a faintly fuzzy texture. The indigo dye used on the cotton does not fully permeate and bind to each cotton yarn, causing it to fade over time with wear and washing.
It's trimmed with another denim, (a returning favorite here at the shop) Old Blue's 21/23oz Beast denim, which composes the right back pocket and coin pockets. This deep blue heavy denim is also unsanforized, and will shrink evenly with the rest of the pants upon washing, but will age and fade in slightly different ways over time. Speaking of the back pockets, these feature special custom stitched OBxSAM arcuates in a contrasting gold thread.
They're finished with a combination of signature details from both brands: raised belt loops, two-tone chainstitched hem, a collection of custom hardware (see bullet points for details), custom jacquard pocket bags, acorn-shaped rear pockets, and custom sheepskin leather patch with a super detailed OBxSAM design embossed. These pants are a celebration of some of the very best the denim world can offer, and they'll last a damn long time, too.
Unsanforized "raw" denim - these will shrink about 2" in the waist after the first wash.We suggest going up 1 or 2 sizes from your usual size for the best post-wash fit. True to size before shrinkage. Check our measurements before ordering. Wash cold, hang dry.
- 100% cotton (40% supima cotton, 60% Egyptian cotton blend)
- 21oz unsanforized "Cho-Kiwami" selvedge milled in Japan
- Long staple, tight weave fabric
- 21/23oz unsaforized "The Beast" denim right back pocket & coin pocket
- Five pocket configuration
- Samurai ‘Syogyo-Mujo’ jacquard pocket bags
- Custom Old Blue Co & Samurai Jeans hardware
- Red/gold selvedge ID
- Sheepskin leather patch with custom OBxSAM design
- Custom hardware:
- Oldblue’s signature copper plated open top Scovill waist button
- Samurai gold pine open top fly buttons
- Oldblue’s 100% copper washer-burr Scovill coin pocket rivets
- & Samurai signature copper rivets
- Slim-straight fit
- Acorn-shaped "Yamato/Lee" back pockets
- Custom OBxSAM arcuate stitching
- Custom OBxSAM flasher
- Medium rise
- Two-tone chainstitch hem
- Raised belt loops
- Custom woven labels
- True to size (before shrinkage)
- Unsanforized (shrink to fit) denim
- Will shrink up to 2" in the waist upon washing
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Designed in Jakarta by Old Blue
- Made in Osaka by Samurai
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 33
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 32" waist
Unsanforized "raw" denim - these will shrink about 2" in the waist after the first wash. We suggest going up 1 or 2 sizes from your usual size for the best post-wash fit. True to size before shrinkage. Check our measurements before ordering. Wash cold, hang dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.