For over thirty years, Eastman Leather Clothing has been producing some of the best military and vintage repro in the western world. Our latest delivery primarily comes from Eastman's new "Combat Collection" - a set of stunningly reproduced and high quality vintage US military pieces, some very rare, custom made in Japan.
Following the second World War, the United States military continued their occupation of the Japanese prefecture of Okinawa, a chain of over 150 small islands located in the East China Sea, between the Japanese mainland and Taiwan. Even today, 75 years after the conclusion of the war, there continues to be a large US military base on Okinawa, which was a tactically significant location during the Korean and Vietnam wars.
Special Forces units stationed in Okinawa would sometimes have local tailors create custom garments that suited more specific needs than the standard issue US military apparel. These unofficial garments usually appeared in the form of shirts or trousers, and are referred to as "Okinawa" pants or shirts by modern collectors. Despite being unofficial, their rarity has made them especially valuable and sought out in the collectors market.
Eastman's reproduction of these Okinawa pants is very minimal compared to many standard issue garments, which often featured details such as multiple pleats, bellowed grenade pockets, and/or tie-down tapes - among other details. This pair is much simpler, cut similarly to a pair of 1950s jeans, with a high rise, roomy leg, and very slight taper. Two slash pockets on the front and two patch pockets on the back give you a place to put objects, or your hands.
Sewn up in a custom-made Mil spec quality herringbone twill (HBT) with a reverse camo print on the inside, Mil spec buttons on the fly, and manufactured in the John Lofgren workshops in Japan, these are some of our favorite pants we've received this year.
Fits true to size. If you're between sizes, size up. Minimal shrinkage expected with a cold wash and a hang dry.
- 100% cotton custom-made Mil spec. HBT
- Mil spec. fly buttons
- "Warmer gold" hue Frogskin camo print with reverse pattern on the inside
- Based on historical "Okinawa" trousers
- High rise, straight leg fit
- Wash cold, hang dry
- True to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.