These are John Lofgren's take on the Eastern European (primarily Czech) surplus boots favored by mods (and then skins). The actual origin of the name "Monkey Boot" is lost to history, but the prevalent opinion is that the tractor-tire-tread soles of the Czech boots offered enough grip to climb like a monkey.
As with all of John Lofgren's boots, these were developed slowly and carefully from last to leather. The uppers are the classic Horween Chromexcel leather in tea-core black, with Japanese made hardware, and Vibram's 705 sole / 700 heel combination from the USA.
- Built on the John Lofgren 140 Last
- Tea-core Black Horween Chromexcel leather
- Black leather will fade to brown in high wear areas
- Exclusive John Lofgren last
- Brass hardware made in Japan
- 6 eyelets and 4 speed hooks
- Vibram 700 sole + 700 heel combination
- Leather midsole
- Goodyear welted construction
- Fully resoleable and rebuildable
- Take one size smaller than Brannock size
- Made in Japan
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the John Lofgren 140 Last
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
If your feet run wider than D width, choose a half size larger than our recommendation above.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.