This Moc Toe boot represents what we love most in a good product. An archetype of a category built to the highest standards, from the best possible materials. The moc toe boot lineage goes back much further than the 1950s as some companies claim, with the earliest commercial versions being found in catalogs from the late 19th century.
As with all of John Lofgren's boots, these were developed slowly and carefully from last to leather. There are no cost-cutting measures or shortcuts in these boots. Where you might find plastic or fiberboard in similar boots, these have full-grain leather and real cork filling. Even the layer between the leather midsole and the Vibram wedge sole is EVA rather than cheap hard plastic, creating a sneaker-like level of comfort from the first day of wear.
The uppers are Olive Horween Chromexcel leather. This leather is well-known for being one of the best for a comfortable pair of boots. It develops a great patina over time, and requires little care.
- Built on the John Lofgren 130 Last
- Olive Horween Chromexcel leather
- Brass hardware made in Japan
- 7 brass eyelets
- Vibram wedge sole
- Leather midsole
- Goodyear welted construction
- Fully resoleable and rebuildable
- Made in Japan
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the John Lofgren 130 Last
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
If your feet run wider than D width, choose a half size larger than our recommendation above.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.