Andersen-Andersen is, simply put, one of the finest knitwear companies in the world. Their intention is simple, to make the world's best sailor sweater, and a very compelling argument could be made that they do. Starting at the yarn level, Andersen-Andersen uses a long-fiber merino wool that has been worsted and extra spun, making it soft, durable, and highly resistant to pilling.
Their custom yarn, made from ethically sourced wool in Patagonia and Uruguay, is then transported to Italy, then dyed using environmentally friendly reactive-dyes. Knit together in the Veneto region of Northern Italy, an area known for its incredibly high quality knitwear, the factory that handles production for Andersen-Andersen is almost entirely solar-powered.
The seams and finishing are handled by a collective of five women in the Dolomite mountains, using an intensive process that is partially by hand and partially by machine, guaranteeing the strongest seams and the greatest lifetime for each garment.
Andersen-Andersen's heavyweight crewneck sweater is knit together in a cardigan-stitch pattern, on 5 gauge flat knitting machines with 6 threads of their extra spun proprietary merino yarn. It has a trim fit through the body and extra long sleeves with optional thumb holes. If you didn't want to use the thumb holes, the sleeves roll back for a nice chunky cuff.
Fits true to size. Machine wash cold, inside out on delicate and lay flat to dry.
- 100% merino wool
- Custom worsted long staple and extra spun merino yarn
- Heavy duty 5 gauge 6-thread cardigan knit
- Ultra-durable finishing
- True to size
- Machine wash cold, inside-out, lay flat to dry
- Designed in Denmark
- Made in Italy
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
Extended Winter Return Policy
Orders made between December 5 to December 25 can be returned until January 10, 2021
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.