At this point Ryo and Hiro, the husband and wife team that make up Ooe Yofukuten need no introduction. They are expert historians, researchers, and makers of denim, jackets, and whatever else strikes their fancy to re-create.
These overalls are a small book of knowledge on the history of clothing manufacturing, and represent a pivotal moment in the use of machines and labor to create garments. Up until the end of the 19th century, most clothing was made on a very limited range of sewing machines. As industrialization took off, specialization of machines and labor came along for the ride, with multi-needle chainstitch machines enabling faster production.
The Mechanics Overalls utilize techniques from both sides of this transition, in a early 20th century pattern for a workwear straight-fit. All of our favorite elements are here, including a continuous fly, a "V" back adjustable waist band with buckle, and suspender buttons. All seams are double stitched, as well. The fabric for these is a sanforized 9.5oz ecru selvedge denim.
Like all Ooe Yofuketen garments, these are cut and sewn, start to finish by Ryo and Hiro. This all happens in OA's workshop in Ichinomiya, just north of Nagoya, Japan.
Take your waist size for a slim fit, size up one or two sizes for a workwear or relaxed fit.
- 9.5oz rinsed ecru sanforized selvedge denim
- Two side pockets
- Watch pocket
- Two back pockets
- Suspender buttons and belt loops
- “V” back adjustable waist band with buckle back straps
- Continuous button fly
- Double-stitched seams throughout.
- Japanned finish iron buttons and buckle
- True to waist size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made by Ryo and Hiro Ooe in Ichinomiya, Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
These are post-wash measurements in inches. These measurements are approximate; slight variations can and will occur with washed jeans.
Model Elliot wears size 30
His sizing specs are:
6'1 and 155lbs
38" chest and 30" waist
For a regular, slimmer fit - choose the waist size closest to your actual waist size.
For a classic, roomy Ooe Yofukuten fit - choose two sizes larger.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.