Born from a mix of vintage sensibilities, practical need & the sort of madness it takes to want to produce anything the right way - Papa Nui makes some damn fine hats. Manufactured in Japan with the highest attention to detail and quality, with personality and a deliberate story behind each piece.
Now, I've never watched MASH (I know, I know, you don't have to say it), but I did watch an hour long Youtube video someone made about why they like MASH so much and I enjoyed that. Luckily, you don't need to have seen the show or movie to wear this hat, which is a relief because it's a great looking hat.
Sewn up with a soft Burgundy wool body, kelly green visor, and an olive drab HBT sweatband and partial "lining" on the front two panels behind the embroidery. Embroidered across the front in off-white chainstitch is "4 0 7 7" for the 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital (the one from the show).
Available in Medium (57-58cm) & Large (59-60cm). Wash cold, towel dry for no shrinkage. Wash hot, dry hot for shrinkage. Maximum stretch/shrinkage is approximately 1-1.5cm.
- 100% wool outer
- Burgundy wool with off-white chainstitch
- Six panel construction
- Taped internal seams
- Kelly green visor
- Olive drab HBT sweatband and front lining
- Custom woven labels
- Embroidered Hino Maru internal patch
- Made in Japan
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.