Kotaro and Ian from Nine Lives design and craft garments unlike anything you've seen come out of Japanese craft manufacturing. The textiles and leathers used come from the best mills and tanneries in Japan; the factories and ateliers that cut and sew for them are the best in the world. Every step along the way is pushed further to produce something slightly feral, slightly out of step with the world.
This is the double rider jacket you've always pictured in your mind, but have never seen before. It's a false memory made real. The fit is tailored. Everything unnecessary is gone. Everything that's left behind is upgraded.
The base of the jacket is a 1.3mm steerhide combination tanned in Himeji, Japan. This tannage creates a leather that is soft and supple, yet retains enough stiffness and structure to mold to you over time. The best zippers YKK makes, the Excella, hold it shut and keep the cuffs from flapping. Front zipper is 2-way, of course, for ease of sitting and ease of looking good.
When we say tailored fit, this thing goes on like a bespoke suit jacket, and feels just as nice. The western yoke at the back combined with the trim fit and high armoles give it an aggressive stance without being in your face about. The jacket is fully lined in navy satin, including the sleeves.
These are Japanese-sized, and run quite small. You may have to go up two sizes.
- 1.3mm steerhide leather tanned in Himeji, Japan
- YKK Excella 2-way zipper
- Zipper cuffs
- 2 hand pockets + sunglasses pocket
- All pockets feature deep leather trim
- 1 flask-sized interior pocket
- Exterior pocket for your 20-unit "analog vape pack" w/ dot snap
- Navy satin full lining
- No belt loops
- Western yoke
- Slim, tailored fit - we recommend sizing up 1 size
- Made In Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Slim, tailored fit - we recommend sizing up 1 size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.