Yuketen's footwear reflects the philosophy of its designer, Yuki Matsuda - these shoes are designed with a global perspective, and they constantly seek to push aesthetic boundaries while maintaining the highest quality. Handcrafted around the world by expert shoemakers with decades of experience, and sitting on layers of thick vegetable-tanned leather, Yuketen produces some of the highest quality and most comfortable boots on the market.
The Maine Guide oxfords are an iconic part of Yuketen's lineup, and the winterized (see: fuzzy) version is an immediate win in our book. The perfect blend of hardiness, good looks, warmth, and comfort.
These are sewn up in a brown waxed flesh leather that will scuff to a roughout and soften with wear. The vamp is made with a brown beaver fur overlaying the tongue and extending all the way down the vamp to the toe. The lacing system uses "Quebec eyestays", blending the best details of vintage European and Indigenous winter footwear to create something highly functional and aesthetically distinct.
For the part of this boot that you walk on, Yuketen chose the Cortina lug sole, which was produced to commemorate the 1956 Olympic Games, held in Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy, and engineered to ensure exceptional balance and traction even in freezing conditions.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock device size
- Horween brown waxed flesh upper
- Beaver fur vamp and tongue
- Quebec eyestay lacing system
- Rawhide laces
- Italian Cortina lug sole
- Double rubber/leather midsole
- Multi layer (memory foam, leather, steel shank) insole
- Hand cut
- Hand lasted
- 1950s American moccasin last
- 270 degree goodyear flat welt construction
- Size down 1/2 size
- Fully resoleable and recraftable
- Bench-made by expert shoemakers in Maine, USA
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on a vintage (1950s) American Moccasin last
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose the same size as your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose 0.5 size larger your Viberg 2030 last size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.