The Real McCoy's does something extremely difficult when it comes to manufacturing garments and footwear from the past. It starts with producing a perfect reproduction down to the thread used to sew each piece, which requires an incredible attention to detail. This fanatical approach also requires investment in either sourcing deadstock fasteners or creating exact replicas of those for each and every product they put out.
To release a piece of apparel or footwear made to these standards would be more than enough for most brands. The Real McCoy's goes much further than this, and looks deeply and thoughtfully at how something is made; how the original would have worn in; and how it could be made to be better without violating the spirit of the original. The 'Tenmile' boot is made with Shinki horsebutt, of a significantly higher quality than the vintage boots. This tea-core hide will still wear in exactly the same way as an original pair, but last much longer.
These boots are a perfect reproduction of the logging boots used in the Pacific Northwest - also known as "lineman" boots, after the electrical company staff that would climb telephone poles to repair electric lines. In both cases, the lace-to-toe style was preferred as it allowed for more precise fit, which is essential when you're climbing up trees (or telephone poles)
The toe-box and forefoot of a lace-to-toe boot allows for a wider fitment, but can be comfortably snugged up for narrower feet. The wider fit makes for a more comfortable boot for long days working in the woods, a theme you see continued in classic hiking boots.
The name of these conflates two similar styles of boot: the lace-to-toe boots popular with linemen and loggers in the USA, and the Eastern European (primarily Czech) surplus boots favored by mods (and then skins). The actual origin of the name "Monkey Boot" is lost to history, but the prevalent opinion is that the tractor-tire-tread soles of the Czech boots offered enough grip to climb like a monkey.
Take one half size smaller than your Brannock size.
- Shinki Black tea-core horse butt leather
- Lace-to-toe style
- Stitchdown construction
- Reproduction Cat's Paw half-soles and heels
- 6 eyelets, 4 speed hooks
- Take 1/2 size smaller than your Brannock size
- Made in Japan
Please note some of our shipping rates have changed.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - Free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.