This is a fantastic example of what Kapital does best, smashing together American and Japanese garments into one. The sihoutte is a haori jacket - a traditional Japanese garment worn over a kimono. The materials and construction are all taken from the US military MA-1, but with a mud finish on the nylon exterior.
Of course it just gets weirder from there. The front placket is snapped on and removable, converting into a neckwarmer. There's a pocket on that piece, and then two more angled snap pockets on the front of the garment. Since it is Kapital, there's a couple more velcro pockets on the back shoulders as well, because, well, why not?
Fit is approximately true to size.
- Nylon sateen exterior
- Quilted polyester lining
- Removable front placket (turns into scarf)
- Ribbed collar
- Angled snap pockets
- Rear velcro pockets
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.