Produced for TSPTR by John Lofgren, the Deck Vest is based on an original 1960's Vietnam era US Navy Riverine private purchase Deck Vest. Construction is true to the original, and all done on vintage Union Special machines.
The vest features a US Navy style shawl collar and scoop pockets. The buttons are mil-spec urea; the front zips up with a period correct Waldes zipper; and the pockets have leather reinforcement tabs.
It's sewn up in an exact reproduction of the US Marine Corps 'leaf' camouflage. US Army trials of 1953 produced two new camouflage patterns that were adopted for limited use by military personnel. Both patterns saw widespread distribution only as a reversible shelter half (1953) and reversible helmet cover (1959), with one pattern printed on each side. The USMC "vine leaf" pattern, consists of large overlapping dark green, lime green & ochre leaf shapes with brown twigs on a pale green background. The helmet cover and shelter were used during the Vietnam War while tailor made combat clothing in this pattern also appeared, made in Japan or South Vietnam from shelters or Asian made fabric copied from the US design.
True to size; spot clean only.
- 100% Japanese cotton twill
- Mid-weight wool lining
- Interior map pocket
- Period correct Waldes zipper
- True to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.