MotivMFG is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor and designer. Together they combine old-world tailoring from antique German manuals with workwear production techniques. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”
Perhaps the ultimate in heavy winter apparel, Motiv's Lander Down coat is a seriously impressive piece of tailoring. Filled with 400g of 700 fill power goose down, it's sturdy enough to keep you warm and comfortable even in the most severe conditions.
The outer shell of the jacket is a water-repellent quilted nylon, with a khaki pigment dye that did not fully permeate the yarns of the fabric - as a result, the body will fade over time, aging uniquely to how you wear it, resulting in a beautiful patina rarely seen with performance synthetic fabrics. It's trimmed with heavy melton wool at the seams, and the hood is lined in an ultra comfy faux shearling pile.
It's absolutely packed with details, both big and small, each of them having been added with careful consideration and a lot of thought put towards performance. The sleeves of the jacket end in knit cuffs, which have integrated thumb holes, allowing you to use them as half gloves if you so desire. The handwarmer pockets feature tube knit entrances, that will hug your wrist and keep warmth in.
Hidden under a large felt panel on the back is a fully integrated backpack, with multiple pockets and pouches for storing whatever you can imagine (within reason). Inside, an elasticated lining can be secured around the waist before fully fastening the jacket up, maximizing insulation without sacrificing comfort or mobility.
It's cut roomy, as a parka should be, and has a mid-thigh length - exactly what you want when it gets really cold. To help keep the wind out, the heavy duty two-way zip front also features a lined reinforced placket that snaps across the front, locking out any windchill.
Fits true to size. Spot clean only.
- 100% pigment dyed nylon shell
- Melton wool trim
- Faux shearling hood lining
- Heavy-duty two way zipper
- Integrated backpack
- Mid-thigh length
- 400gsm goose down fill
- 700 fill power (very warm)
- Knit wool "glove" cuffs with thumb hole
- Tube knit pocket entrances
- Internal lining belt
- Custom hardware
- Custom labels
- True to size
- Spot clean only
- Produced in the MotivMFG workshop in China
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Eden-Marcel wears a size Medium / 48
Eden-Marcel's sizing specs are:
5'9" and 170lbs
39" chest and 31" waist
Fits true to size. Spot clean only.
|Small / 46
|Medium / 48
|Large / 50
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.