This is the definitive Kapital Kountry garment. The process itself is a mystery; Kapital maintains a wall of secrecy around their factories in Kojima. Their Boro Western Shirt is the result of hours upon hours of handworking behind those closed doors.
The longer you spend with it, the more you notice the details packed into the hand-sewn boro fabric. Some parts are shot through with sashiko stitching; some are hickory-stripe; and there's a print mixed in here and there. Every part of the garment is intensely worked over, distressed, and then repaired. It's also fully lined for comfort.
There's no other shirt out there like it, and very few are produced every year. We've been requesting it for several years now, and finally had the chance to bring it in.
Runs small. Wash cold, hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- 100% cotton body lining
- Poly sleeve lining
- Hand-destroyed and repaired exterior
- Boro and sashiko repairs
- Snap front
- Runs small
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made by Kapital in Kojima, Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.