Tattooer and tailor Kotaro Sato brings together opposite ends of the spectrum in Nine Lives apparel. The Kalamazoo work shirt combines a heavy fabric and workwear details with a razor-sharp tailored fit.
This work shirt starts off with am 18 ounce custom-made real sashiko fabric (significantly more expensive than the dobby cloth often sold as "sashiko"), woven from natural indigo yarns. All of the sewing is in true workwear style, with double and triple needle seams. The shoulders are gusseted to allow movement in the heavy sashiko without compromising the fit.
Take your usual size for a tailored fit, size up for a relaxed fit. Wash cold separately, hang dry.
- 18oz. natural indigo sashiko fabric, exclusive for 9Lives
- 100% cotton
- Workwear construction
- Open chest pockets
- Gusseted shoulders
- Custom sunburst Permex snaps
- Dual snap cuff
- True to size
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Go true to size for a tailored fit; size up for a relaxed overshirt fit.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - Free shipping
Orders over $150 - Free shipping
Orders under $150 - Flat rate of $8 shipping
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.