Founded in 1933 as the "Joseph Buegeleisen Co.” Buco were first specialists in motorcycle accessories and saddlebags. In 1947, they launched "Buco", a full apparel line with the slogan: “Motorcycle jackets, gloves, caps, belts and bags all cut and sewn by life long craftsmen dedicated to the task at hand”. The Real McCoy's acquired the license to produce the brand, and they have applied their usual diligence and attention to detail in producing Buco pieces.
All of the Real McCoy's flagship leather jackets are made at their headquarters in Kobe. Before sewing begins, the custom-tanned horsehide is cut very carefully to avoid thin or damaged areas as part of their obsessive quest to make a jacket that will last more than a lifetime. From the hand-cut horsehide pieces, one highly trained craftsman makes each jacket start-to-finish, moving from station to station with their work.
The J-24 is a reproduction of one of the iconic 1950’s Buco jackets, cut from vegetable-tanned, pigment-finished horsehide. The leather is brown-core with a black finish, leading to a brown cast in high-wear areas.
The Talon zippers are flawless re-creations of the then-revolutionary zippers on the original jacket. The liner is quilted nylon, true to the spirit of the original.
Fit is slim, size up one. These run short in true vintage style, check the front length measurements for your size. Please contact us with fit questions, and we will work with you to figure out your best fit.
- Black finish over brown vegetable-tanned horsehide
- Quilted nylon lining
- Talon brass zippers
- Two rear pockets
- Made in Kobe, Japan
- Fit is slim, size up one
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.