Born from a mix of vintage sensibilities, practical need & the sort of madness it takes to want to produce anything the right way - Papa Nui makes some damn fine hats. Manufactured in Japan with the highest attention to detail and quality, with personality and a deliberate story behind each piece.
The Flakbait cap is a wonderful balance of form and function, which is to say that it's a very nice hat that looks good and keeps the sun out of your face. Four panel construction, with a nice deep crown and extended brim (both above average, but not so pronounced as to look unusual or dramatic) make this a really comfortable hat to do just about whatever in. It's a good hat!
Sewn up in an olive drab 100% cotton HBT, with khaki internal seam covers, a convenient webbing hanger on the back, HBT hatband, and a tonal khaki under-visor for that pop of slight contrast. Custom labels and an embroidered Hino Maru patch can be found inside, the marks of a genuine Papa Nui Hat.
Available in Medium (57 - 58cm) & Large (59 - 60cm). Wash cold, towel dry for no shrinkage. Wash hot, dry hot for shrinkage. Maximum stretch/shrinkage is approximately 1-1.5cm.
- 100% cotton
- Olive drab HBT
- Four panel style
- Cotton tape reinforced internal seams
- Deep crown
- Extended brim
- Webbing handle/hanger on back
- Custom woven labels
- Embroidered Hino Maru internal patch
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
Don't know your hat size? Get a soft tape measure and wrap it around your head at the point where your hat would sit, measuring the circumference of your head.
Papa Nui hats are available in size Medium (7-1/8 - 7-1/4) which has a hatband measuring 22.4" - 22.8" / 57 - 58cm in circumference, and Large (7-3/8 - 7-1/2) which has a hatband measuring 23.2" - 23.6" / 59 - 60cm in circumference.
Model Elliot wears size Medium
Wash cold, towel dry for minimal shrinkage. Wash hot, dry hot maximal shrinkage. Maximum stretch/shrinkage is approximately 1-1.5cm.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.