Yuketen's footwear reflects the philosophy of its designer, Yuki Matsuda - these shoes are designed with a global perspective, and they constantly seek to push aesthetic boundaries while maintaining the highest quality. Handcrafted around the world by expert shoemakers with decades of experience, and sitting on layers of thick vegetable-tanned leather, Yuketen produces some of the highest quality and most comfortable boots on the market.
The Eric boot from Yuketen is entirely hand-cut, hand-lasted, and is bench-made start to finish in Mexico: with extreme precision by expert shoemakers. These are built on a vintage last from the 1930s that has been slightly modified to update the fit for optimum comfort - fit wise, it's not too dislike the original Munson last.
The real magic lies in the details though, because apparently it wasn't enough to hand cut and last them. The insole of each boot is slightly angled, and snaking from the heel cup to the inner arch is a 1950s orthopedic "Heel-to-Arch" counter - these details intended to help stop the wearer from over-pronating as they walk, and to develop a healthier walking motion, as well as providing exceptional arch support.
These have a hand-worked ribbing along the welt, helping with Yuketen's exacting standards for welt stitching... & speaking of welt stitching, the goodyear stitches along the welt of the Eric boots are sewn on a German-made welt stitching machine from 1910. This incredible machine features a close channel stitching technique, sealing the goodyear stitching to the bottom of the outsole for additonal durability.
Handcrafted in a silky-feeling calf suede and fully-lined with a vegetable tanned cowhide for additional comfort. These lace up with 9 blind eyelets for a sleeker look, and stand on a rubber lug sole with all the grip and comfort of your traditional lug sole, but none of the visual heft.
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size
- Soft-tanned calf suede upper
- Full veg-tan cowhide lining
- Hand cut
- Hand lasted
- Full veg-tan leather insole
- Hand-work welt ribbing
- Nine blind eyelets
- 1950s orthopedic heel-to-arch counter spec
- 1930s semi-modified last
- Rubber lug sole
- Goodyear welt construction
- Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size
- Fully resoleable and recraftable
- Bench-made by expert shoemakers in Mexico
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Built on the a modified vintage last from the 1930s
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller as your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.