MotivMfg moves the heritage menswear aesthetic forward while remaining legible in the moment. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”. They walk this line while not sacrificing quality or craftsmanship in their product.
The team behind this is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor who combines old-world tailoring based on antique German manuals, with workwear production techniques.
These are a real pair of tailored trousers with a Hollywood waist, where the fabric of legs continues up to the top and is turned over to finish the waist. This eliminates the need for a separate waistband piece, creating a very comfortable fit. In addition, these feature a split waistband, allowing for size adjustments over time.
The fabric used for these trousers is a cavalry twill from Brisbane Moss, masters of woven cloth in the UK. It has a dry, abrasion resistant face with a lightly brushed inside for comfort.
The combination of the shape and fabric on the allow them to be worn casually or paired with a blazer (or the DB Reefer) for a smarter vibe. To give them a more relaxed vibe, we suggest engineer boots and a Western shirt. There's a little extra length in the hem allowance for a proper turned up cuff.
Runs slightly small, check our size chart before ordering. Wash cold, hang dry, iron with medium heat.
- 100% cotton cavalry twill
- Fabric woven in UK by Brisbane Moss
- Jetted pockets
- Tailored fit
- Horn buttons
- Runs slightly small
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in Beijing
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Elliot wears size 30
Their sizing specs are:
6'1 and 155lbs
38" chest and 30" waist
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.