Montality garments feature a "global perspective", seeking the best regional fabrics and local artisans for each particular style. Not content to simply make reproductions, they constantly seek to push aesthetic boundaries while maintaining the highest quality across every single one of their highly specialized lines.
The Drop Crotch Shorts sound more complicated than they really are - stylistically landing somewhere between a climbing short and a ghurka short. They feature an exceptionally comfortable fit, with a high rise, drawstring waist, and double pleated-front for ease of movement.
The crotch features a diamond-gusset, a detail taken from vintage climbing shorts that provides a more full range of motion. With two side entry pockets at the front and two rear pockets, you won't be lacking for storage space, even if the legs end above your knee.
Made from Monitaly's proprietary Vancloth Oxford: a custom 2x2 cotton cloth developed by Vancloth & Sons in Los Angeles. This fabric is lightweight, wind and water resistant, and features an excellent drape, making it one of Monitaly's most popular and successful textiles across multiple years and collections.
One size. If needed, wash cold and air dry.
- 100% cotton
- Custom (proprietary) Vancloth Oxford fabric from Vancloth & Sons in Los Angeles
- Double pleated front
- Diamond gusseted crotch
- Internal waistband drawstring
- High rise
- Full thigh
- Zip fly with concealed button
- Two side pockets
- One welted rear pocket
- One flap rear pocket
- Custom labels
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in Los Angeles, California
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Jeremy wears a size Medium
Jeremy's sizing specs are:
6'2" and 210lbs
45" chest and 36" waist
Fits true to size with a relaxed and adjustable drawstring waist. Wash cold and hang dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Bandanas, Patches, T-Shirts, Socks, & Hats - $5 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.