Viberg is best known for their stitchdown boots, but Brett has spent considerable time and effort in building out a Goodyear welt production line, including a rare set of machines to channel the insoles. As with all Viberg boots, every step is done by hand in their factory in Victoria, BC.
The Derby Shoe was originally designed decades ago by Edwin Viberg, but never put into production. After finding his original paper patterns Viberg spent a year sampling and reworking his concept. The end result is their most refined shoe to date.
These are built on the sleek 2030 last, an evolution of a Canadian military last, with a low profile silhouette and an almond shaped toe. Military lasts tend to be some of the best fitting out there, because they had to work for a huge variety of feet, and be comfortable for endless days spent on foot.
The leather on this is an oiled calf from the UK, in a clove brown. Natural variations in the leather are visible due to the tanning process, and will fade with wear.
Take one size smaller than your Brannock size. If you have wide feet, take 1/2 size smaller than Brannock.
- Clove Oiled Calf (UK) upper
- Black Dainite Sole
- Kip Lining
- French Binding
- Natural Leather Midsole
- 360 Degree Natural Storm Welt
- Channelled Insole
- Partially structured toe
- 2030 last
- Take one size smaller than your Brannock size
- Made in Victoria, BC, Canada
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.