Viberg is a rare company in footwear these days, continuously owned and operated by the same family since Edwin Viberg turned out the first pair of Service Boots in 1931. Every pair to leave the factory is still finished by Glen Viberg, Ed's son. Continuing on the tradition is Brett, who handles all new product development and sourcing. Under his direction, the factory has added new manufacturing techniques, including Goodyear welted, cemented, and side wall stitched, creating one of the most flexible and capable facilities in the world.
Much like the best denim workshops we work with, the Viberg factory is fully manual with very little automation to be found. For the most part, every pair of Viberg boots starts with careful setting of dies on the hides in the clicker, and is manually cut out. All of the key steps from there are done by hand with the right machine for the job, from upper stitching to bottoming. This rigorous process combined with high-quality leather in the midsoles and uppers create a boot that will likely be with you for life, formed to your feet over time.
The Derby boot is a simplified reinterpretation of their classic stitchdown Service Boot. Stitchdown construction makes for a bombproof boot that can handle as many resoles as you want to throw at it. Even if you somehow wear through the outsole, it'll still hold together.
These are built on the sleek 2020 last, based on Viberg's cantilever last, which in turn is based on a vintage orthopedic last. It has a similar fit to the 2030 but a narrower waist and heel.
These are made up in anise calf suede from the UK. 5 brass eyelets with 4 brass speed hooks close it up, and it sits on the Itshide Commando sole and heel combo (similar to Dainite). Take one size smaller than your Brannock size. If you have wide feet, take 1/2 size smaller than Brannock.
- Anise calf suede upper
- Derby boot
- 2020 last
- 5 brass eyelets, 4 brass speedhooks
- Stitchdown construction
- Partially structured toe
- Natural midsole edges
- Itshide Commando sole and heel
- Kip lining
- Take one size smaller than your Brannock size
- Made in Victoria, BC, Canada
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
We're on vacation until January 24. Orders will take longer to process and we will be slower responding to e-mails.
Read more about what's affected.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free (please wait for us to notify you that your order is ready)
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.