MotivMfg moves the heritage menswear aesthetic forward while remaining legible in the moment. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”. They walk this line while not sacrificing quality or craftsmanship in their product.
The team behind this is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor who combines old-world tailoring based on antique German manuals, with workwear production techniques.
The double-breasted reefer jacket sits between a peacoat and a blazer in construction and utility; and is considered the archetype of all double-breasted tailored jackets.
The fabric used is custom for Motiv by Lovat Mill in Scotland, the home of tweed fabrics. It's a high-twist thorn-proof yarn that's been doubled up into hopsack structure to give it the structure of a fine tailoring cloth. In plain english: It's durable, drapes well, and looks incredible.
The interior is a custom-printed tencel-cotton blend, also used to line the pockets; while the sleeves are lined in Bemberg. A higher closure point and convertible lapels, combined with the exclusive fabric create a DB jacket that can be worn as outwear as well as a blazer.
True to size. Dry clean only.
- Exterior: 100% custom-woven wool hopsack by Lovat Mill
- Lining: 60% tencel 40% cotton
- Sleeve lining: 100% Bemberg
- Flap patch pockets
- Single welted chest pocket
- True to size
- Double vented back
- Dry clean only
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Elliot wears size 48 / Medium
His sizing specs are:
6'1 and 155lbs
38" chest and 30" waist
True to size. Dry clean only.
|46 / Small
|48 / Medium
|50 / Large
|52 / XL
|54 / XXL
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
Extended Winter Return Policy
Orders made between December 5 to December 25 can be returned until January 10, 2021
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.