Yuki Matsuda's Monitaly has always delivered on obsessively detailed garments. The CWG Blouson is a familiar shape, the nylon flight jacket rooted in the L-2B. From this template, Yuki stripped off some non-essential details and then built the entire garment from dead stock parachute fabrics. Each jacket consumes the best parts of a 1970s-1980s US Army parachute.
The front zipper (a vintage Scovill Gripper) uses the edge of the parachute where the webbing is extra-wide for support. The upper back utilizes the top of the parachute where all the seams join in a design reminiscent of the field shirts from the Korean War. Custom-knit ribbing is found at the cuffs and hem, made just for Monitaly.
For storage, two big front pockets (with snap closures) can fit all kinds of stuff in them, and there are two sizeable webbing pockets on the inside. Should you get stuck in the rain, there's a retractable hood concealed within the collar that can be zipped away when not in use.
Fits true to size. Dry clean or spot clean only.
- 1970-80’s vintage US Army parachute fabrics
- 1970-80’s vintage Scovill Gripper brass zippers
- High-loft virgin hollow polyester insulation
- Rip-stop nylon 1.1oz parachute cloth for lining
- Concealed hood with zipper closure on collar
- 2 x Patch pocket with snap button closure at torso
- Pocketed lined with wool fabrics
- 2 x Mesh pocket with zipper closure in the interior
- Ribbed cuffs and hem, 100% Wool
- Action shoulder pleats
- True to size
- Dry clean only
- Made in LA
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Yanni wears size 42
Their sizing specs are:
5'11 height and 170lbs weight
42" chest and 33" waist
Dry clean or spot clean only.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.