MotivMFG is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor and designer. Together they combine old-world tailoring from antique German manuals with workwear production techniques. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”
Motiv's Cuban Collar Shirt is to summer shirts as dress shirts are to flannels: related, but inarguably refined. Equally in-place worn with a summer suit or shorts on the beach, the Cuban Collar shirt does everything - it's remarkably soft and comfortable, cool and breezy to wear, and it looks phenomenal.
Cut with a roomy body and split hem, with wide sleeves and full shoulders for a relaxed fit. The Cuban style collar can be worn open or closed, with an extra loop and mother-of-pearl button at the collar opening. Almost hidden on the front of the shirt is the pattern matched pocket, perfect for sunglasses, chapstick, or a small handful of seashells.
The fabric is a 50/50 Linen/Tencel blend, a fabric that is not only near perfect for hot weather (with its relaxed drape, breathability, and cooling properties), but also is very fun to touch, because of how remarkably soft and silky smooth it feels. The print motif is "unorthodox illustrations of sea creatures" and features images from now out of print books and magazines that Motiv were able to locate through sufficient research (including works from Japanese illustrator Kumarato Ito and German biologist Ernst Haeckel).
This, like all MotivMfg garments, is sewn in a small workshop in Beijing, China by highly experienced tailors.
Fits true to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
- 50/50 Linen/Tencel blend
- Cuban style collar
- Copepod vintage print
- Mother of pearl buttons
- Single chest pocket
- Relaxed fit
- Split hem
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Custom labels
- Produced in the MotivMFG workshop in China
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Elliot wears a size Medium / 48
Elliot's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 160lbs
38" chest and 30" waist
Fits true to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
|Small / 46
|Medium / 48
|Large / 50
|Extra Large / 52
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.