MotivMfg moves the heritage menswear aesthetic forward while remaining legible in the moment. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”. They walk this line while not sacrificing quality or craftsmanship in their product.
The team behind this is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor who combines old-world tailoring from antique German manual with workwear production techniques.
The US Army CPO shirt is one of those garments to launch a thousand reproductions. This is Motiv's version, and while the family resemblance is certainly there, it is far from a simple cut and paste job.
The construction combines the yoke and the sleeves to create a clean and forgiving cut across the shoulders. The wool / cotton blend was custom developed in Southern China. It is woven in a grid structure, and then heavily brushed for a raised, fleecy surface. The resulting fabric balances structure and drape perfectly. Buttons are a re-cast of a French military specimen, with individually painted finish.
As with all MotivMfg products, these are sewn at a small workshop in Beijing by a team of expert tailors.
Fits true to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
- Custom wool/cotton blend fabric
- 78% cotton, 20% wool, 2% tencel
- Fabric custom woven and finished for Motiv
- Reproduction French military painted buttons
- Combination sleeve/yoke construction
- Shaped pockets
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in China
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
|Small / 46
|Medium / 48
|Large / 50
|XL / 52
|XXL / 54
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.