Ryo and Hiro Ooe, husband and wife, make garments in a small Japanese town just outside of Nagoya using a collection of rare vintage sewing machines. Ryo is the patternmaker and cutter, Hiro does the sewing. The production is very limited by nature, and they have developed an international cult following over the years. Their dedication, focus and level of detail is superlative.
When you hold anything Ooe Yofukuten makes, it can take a moment to notice the subtle details. The custom fabrics they use often take time to reach their full potential, and while their phenomenal fits are comfortable from the minute you put them on, they only get better as they wear in. There are no compromises on quality, and Ooe dedicate months of time into research and development for each new piece they produce, considering every aspect of it with equal importance.
Ooe's Cossack Jackets (or Cossack Style Windbreakers) are based on the simple jackets of the early 20th century, which typically had a shawl collar, short button-up fronts, and side tab adjusters. These feature two small patch pockets on the front, which are good for little items like keys or small rocks - they are however, too small for most modern smart-phones.
The fabric is a custom 100% cotton moleskin, made in Japan for Ooe. The tight weave of the fabric as well as the brushing on its outer face both help to insulate from the wind, but the jacket itself is unlined and light enough to wear year round. It's a bit stiff at first (though surprisingly soft), but quickly will break in and relax to fit its wearer.
The fit on these contains the usual OA magic. Cut with a roomy chest and dropped shoulders, the Cossack Jacket works on just about anyone. The cropped fit through the body is also a winner, not just because it looks good, but also because of how easy it makes moving around in this jacket. Bringing it all home are the sleeves, which are slightly longer than we usually see from Japanese brands (partially a result of the dropped shoulders) and tailored to be slim - but not restrictive, making them look proportionally natural without sacrificing comfort or movement.
True to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
- 100% cotton fabric
- Olive drab moleskin
- 100% cotton thread stitching
- Corozo nut buttons
- Cropped fit
- Patch pockets
- Dropped shoulders
- Machine-sewn air ventilation holes
- Brass waist-adjustment buckles
- Wash cold, hang dry
- True to size
- Cut by Ryo, sewn by Hiroko all in Ichinomiya, Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 40
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
True to size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.