Established in 1996 by silversmith Kazuya Ito, First Arrows has been producing handmade silver jewelry in their Tokyo workshop since day 1. They have grown from Kazuya being the sole craftsperson to a full team, all while continuing to keep everything truly made by hand.
For their materials, they primarily use 950 silver, which is 95% silver/5% copper; 925 silver for parts that need more hardness after shaping; 18K gold for longevity of wear without compromising on the essence of the the material; and genuine turquoise.
This piece is sand cast, which is one of the most difficult silversmithing techniques. Brought to Mexico by the Spanish, it was picked up by Navajo silversmiths through livestock trading, and then passed on to Zuni and Hopi people.
The mold is created by packing a special dense sand around a model of the piece - one mold for the top half, one mold for the bottom. The two halves are brought together, and a small hole carved for the pour, after which the mold must be destroyed to extract the piece. Every sand cast piece will be unique by virtue of process, as the mold is destroyed in the process of creating the jewelry.
Each piece is finished inside and out, with painstaking attention to detail.
- Sand cast 950 silver
- Turquoise stone in center
- Handmade in Tokyo, Japan
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.