Wolfgang Latelme has been traveling and researching traditional French pocket knives since the 1970’s. There is no-one out there more well-researched on the subject, with his depth of real, hands-on experience. He started out as an importer and distributor of these knives, and when the opportunity arose in 2004, launched PassionFrance.
Though the use of traditional forges combined with German quality standards, PassionFrance continues the legacy of traditional French knives. In 2010, PassionFrance was able to create their own atelier in Thiers, France to produce their first unique design of Laguiole. They also continue to work a very select group of knife-makers across France to produce their traditional models.
The Alpin (also known as the Savoyard, or Montagnard) originated in the mid-19th century in Savoy by the Alpine farmers. The handle materials were originally the bones and horns of the cattle raised by those farmers, as well as the chestnut trees grown in the region. The most rare and interesting is the ram’s horn, with a distinct look and feel to it. Some knives carry on their handle the “flocon” (the snowflake), the symbol of the Alpine region as an inlay of little metal pegs.
These are all handmade in the PassionFrance atelier in Thiers, France.
- 11cm blade
- Walnut handle
- Sandvik stainless steel blade
- Blade does not contact spring when closed
- Handmade at PassionFrance in Thiers, France.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.