For over thirty years, Eastman Leather Clothing has been producing some of the best military and vintage repro in the western world. Our latest delivery primarily comes from Eastman's new "Combat Collection" - a set of stunningly reproduced and high quality vintage US military pieces, some very rare, custom made in Japan.
In the early days of the Vietnam war, camouflage garments were not yet being produced or issued to fighting forces by the US military, instead issuing soldiers the classic issue "greens". Special Forces units fighting in Vietnam recognized the need for clothing that provided better camouflaging qualities, so they would have "theatre-made" (aka locally produced) garments made from available camo-print fabrics to better suit their needs.
Though it was never officially issued, this parka and garments like it were commissioned and/or acquired by Special Forces personnel during the Vietnam war. This model of parka was originally made in the United States from Mil spec camo fabric for the commercial hunting market, but was a preferred garment for Special Forces units due to its versatility and camouflaging properties.
Sewn up in a specially treated custom Mitchell Camo, in a 100% plain weave cotton with a reverse pattern on the inside, the fabric is a near flawless reproduction of the original USMC Standard Pattern Jungle/Leaf Camouflage (also known as Mitchell camo). Mitchell camo was only ever officially used for helmet covers and shelter halves, however it remains today as one of the most popular and sought after camouflage patterns in the collectors market. The jungle fade comes from Eastman's Time Worn finish to give it a faded, sun-bleached look from brand new.
The parka itself is fully reversible, with a reversible zipper as well as mirrored interior and exterior pockets allowing it to be worn two ways. With a reverse print on the inside of the fabric, it is essentially two jackets in one, with differently colored and patterned prints on either side of the fabric. Designed by Eastman Leather Clothing in England and manufactured in the John Lofgren workshops in Japan.
Runs small, particularly in the sleeves. Consult our size chart before ordering. Minimal shrinkage expected with a cold wash and a hang dry.
- 100% custom made plain weave cotton.
- Reversible brass zipper
- Time Worn finish "USMC Standard Pattern/Jungle Leaf (Mitchell) camouflage
- Fully reversible
- Drawstring hood
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Fits small, size up
- Designed in England
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.