Born from a mix of vintage sensibilities, practical need & the sort of madness it takes to want to produce anything the right way - Papa Nui makes some damn fine hats. Manufactured in Japan with the highest attention to detail and quality, with personality and a deliberate story behind each piece.
The C-1 Atoll Survival Hat is literally two hats in one, with a fully reversible soft-body construction and multi-fabric composition. On one side, your classic olive drab cotton HBT fabric, with safety yellow cotton poplin on the reverse - these can be swapped any time and for any reason because it's your hat.
Cut in your classic "Gilligan" shape, it's got a medium-length soft brim that can be adjusted to your liking, with a standard four panel construction and vent holes around the top of the crown. Custom labels and an embroidered Hino Maru patch can be found inside, the marks of a genuine Papa Nui Hat.
Available in Medium (57-58cm) & Large (59-60cm). Wash cold, towel dry for no shrinkage. Wash hot, dry hot for shrinkage. Maximum stretch/shrinkage is approximately 1-1.5cm.
- 100% cotton
- Fully reversible
- Olive drab HBT outer face
- Safety yellow poplin inner face
- Four panel construction
- Vent holes at crown
- Medium brim
- Soft brim
- Reinforced seams
- Custom woven labels
- Embroidered Hino Maru internal patch
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
Don't know your hat size? Get a soft tape measure and wrap it around your head at the point where your hat would sit, measuring the circumference of your head.
Papa Nui hats are available in size Medium (7-1/8 - 7-1/4) which has a hatband measuring 22.4" - 22.8" / 57 - 58cm in circumference, and Large (7-3/8 - 7-1/2) which has a hatband measuring 23.2" - 23.6" / 59 - 60cm in circumference.
Model Gen wears size Large
Wash cold, towel dry for minimal shrinkage. Wash hot, dry hot maximal shrinkage. Maximum stretch/shrinkage is approximately 1-1.5cm.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.