Don't see an item you want from The Real McCoy's?
We can special order any item their catalog.
Contact us more for info.
Founded in 1933 as the "Joseph Buegeleisen Co.” Buco were first specialists in motorcycle accessories and saddlebags. In 1947, they launched "Buco", a full apparel line with the slogan: “Motorcycle jackets, gloves, caps, belts and bags all cut and sewn by life long craftsmen dedicated to the task at hand”. The Real McCoy's acquired the license to produce the brand, and they have applied their usual diligence and attention to detail in producing Buco pieces.
All of the Real McCoy's flagship leather jackets are made at their headquarters in Kobe. Before sewing begins, the custom-tanned horsehide is cut very carefully to avoid thin or damaged areas as part of their obsessive quest to make a jacket that will last more than a lifetime. From the hand-cut horsehide pieces, one highly trained craftsman makes each jacket start-to-finish, moving from station to station with their work.
The J-24L is a reproduction of one of the iconic 1950 Buco jackets, cut from vegetable-tanned, pigment-finished horsehide. The leather is brown-core with a black finish, leading to a brown cast in high-wear areas. The Talon zippers are flawless re-creations of the then-revolutionary zippers on the original jacket.
The “L” designation on this piece indicates that it is cut a little bit longer for more coverage. It also features a removable mouton fur collar. The lining is a diamond-quilted rayon for comfort.
Fit is slim, size up one. Please contact us with fit questions, and we will work with you to figure out your best fit.
- Black finish over brown vegetable-tanned horsehide
- Quilted rayon lining
- Talon zippers
- Two rear pockets
- Made in Kobe, Japan
- Fit is slim, size up one
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.