MotivMfg moves the heritage menswear aesthetic forward while remaining legible in the moment. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”. They walk this line while not sacrificing quality or craftsmanship in their product.
The team behind this is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor who combines old-world tailoring from antique German manual with workwear production techniques.
This band collar shirt is inspired by vintage dress shirts with a short placket, gathered cuff and back and a long, curved hem. An extra button has been added to the hem to stabilize it when worn tucked.
The base fabric is cotton, with wool stripes woven in. After one wash, the wool and cotton will shrink a different rates creating a textured surface. The buttons are reversed mother of pearl creating even more rich textures on the garment.
This, like all MotivMfg garments, is sewn in a small workshop in Beijing, China by highly experienced tailors.
Fits true to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
- Cotton/wool blend custom fabric
- 59% cotton, 41% wool
- Stand collar
- Woven stripes
- Mother of pearl buttons
- Gathered cuffs and yoke
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in China
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
|Medium / 48
|Large / 50
|Extra Large / 52
|XXL / 54
|XXXL / 56
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.