MotivMFG is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor and designer. Together they combine old-world tailoring from antique German manuals with workwear production techniques. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”
The Athletic Daks trousers are an adjustable warm weather pant with an athletic tapered fit. The darted front allows for a roomy and comfortable top block that moves down to an athletic thigh and then a tapers to an agreeable (but not too slim) leg opening. The legs feature a folded crease, elevating these beyond simple work trousers and allowing for more versatility in styling.
The fabric is a perfectly balanced linen/wool hopsack, produced by Marling & Evans in England, which delivers the very best of both materials in terms of warmth, softness, breathability, and drape. The scarlet color is not quite red, not quite orange, and pairs well with all manners of olives, indigos, and other neutrals. The waistband can be adjusted using side tabs with tonally matched Trochus (it's a sea snail) shell buttons - the same type of buttons that the pockets (secretly) close up with.
Fits true to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
- 50/50 linen/wool blend fabric
- Hopsack fabric from Marling & Evans in England
- Adjustable waistband
- Two slash pockets with internal button closure
- Single rear pocket
- External front coin pocket
- Tonal trochus shell buttons
- Athletic tapered fit
- Zip fly
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Produced in the MotivMFG workshop in China
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Yanni is wearing size 34
Their sizing specs are:
5'11 height and 170lbs weight
42" chest and 33" waist
Model Elliot wears a size 30
Elliot's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 155lbs
38" chest and 30" waist
Fits true to size. Wash cold, hang dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.