In a small factory on the Swabian Alb in Germany, 32 loopwheel machines (produced between 1889 and 1960) quietly knit the fabric for Merz b. Schwanen's tees and henleys. Using sustainably grown organic Greek cotton, the machines work slowly, knitting at 1/10th the speed of more modern sinker weave machines, producing a soft and airy fabric with only a few needles, gravity, and some time.
We spend a lot of time talking about the superiority of cotton loopwheel knits, but what happens when you try to loopwheel something other than cotton? Merz have answered that question, creating a lightweight loopwheel tee with 100% ultra fine merino yarns - the finished product might be one of the most perfect lightweight tees imaginable.
As we know, loopwheel knits are softer, lighter, and airier than other modern knitting methods that produce fabric much more quickly. Merino wool is one of the absolute apex natural fabrics, having all the properties of wool (thermoregulation, moisture-wicking, softness) but turned all the way up. By combining the two, Merz have created a super soft, ultra lightweight wool tee with a remarkable drape that's ideal for warmer weather (or layering as an undershirt).
True to size. Will shrink ~1" in length after washing, but will stretch back out with wear. Wash cold on delicate cycle, hang dry.
- 100% merino wool
- 6.5oz (185gsm) knit
- Loopwheeled (no side seams)
- Short sleeves
- Relaxed fit
- Underarm triangle insert
- Plain cuffs
- Custom labels
- True to size
- Wash cold on delicate, hang dry
- Designed and produced in Germany
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size Medium
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
True to size. Will shrink some after a wash, but stretches quickly and dramatically due to the nature of the fabric and knit. Wash cold on delicate cycle, hang dry.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.