Originally known only as "The Beast" Oldblue Co are responsible for some of the heaviest denim we sell. This notorious fabric, a mainstay of Oldblue's lineup since 2011, is a 21oz unsanforized denim that shrinks into a ~23oz denim after the first soak. These jeans are serious, and are not for the faint of heart.
The 8.25" cut is Oldblue's slim straight fit, not too wide and not too skinny. Falling somewhere between a true straight and a slim straight, it has plenty of room through the leg without looking too wide.
Unsanforized, will shrink approximately to the next size down with the first wash. Consult our size chart. Hand wash, hang dry.
- 21oz Japanese selvedge denim
- 100% cotton
- Unsanforized "shrink to fit" fabric
- Shrinks to the next size down
- Approximately 23oz post wash
- Red cotton HBT pocket bags
- Custom Scovill USA hardware
- 100% copper washer-burr rivets
- Thick zinc-alloy doughnut top buttons with burnt-copper finish
- Brass doughnut fly buttons with burnt-copper finish
- Hidden rivets
- Horween veg tan horsehide leather patch
- Made in Indonesia
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.