Viberg is a rare company in footwear these days, continuously owned and operated by the same family since Edwin Viberg turned out the first pair of Service Boots in 1931. Every pair to leave the factory is still finished by Glen Viberg, Ed's son. Continuing on the tradition is Brett, who handles all new product development and sourcing. Under his direction, the factory has added new manufacturing techniques, including Goodyear welted, cemented, and side wall stitched, creating one of the most flexible and capable facilities in the world.
Much like the best denim workshops we work with, the Viberg factory is fully manual with very little automation to be found. For the most part, every pair of Viberg boots starts with careful setting of dies on the hides in the clicker, and is manually cut out. All of the key steps from there are done by hand with the right machine for the job, from upper stitching to bottoming. This rigorous process combined with high-quality leather in the midsoles and uppers create a boot that will likely be with you for life, formed to your feet over time.
Viberg’s 145 Oxford shoe has been around for a good bit. It’s a true work shoe, unlike their sleeker derby. The heavier look is perfect for denim, chinos, even shorts if you want to throw down like a Japanese magazine. Whatever you do though, don’t call it a dress shoe.
Sewn up in one of our favorite leathers of all time, the reverse tobacco chamois leather from Horween. This super comfortable, easy-to-care-for leather has a ton of character right out the box, and gets better and better with wear. Each pair comes with two sets of laces, one pair of flat waxed cotton laces and one pair of round waxed cotton laces.
Take one size smaller than your Brannock size, and consider going down one and a half sizes if you have narrow feet, as the 1035 last has very wide toe box with very little taper.
- Horween Tobacco Reverse Chamois
- 145 oxford
- Stitchdown construction
- 1035 last
- 5 antique brass eyelets
- Semi-structured toe
- 2 rows of outsole stitching
- Vibram 705 full sole and heel combo
- Take one size smaller than Brannock size
- Made in Victoria, BC, Canada
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.