Viberg is a rare company in footwear these days, continuously owned and operated by the same family since Edwin Viberg turned out the first pair of Service Boots in 1931. Every pair to leave the factory is still finished by Glen Viberg, Ed's son. Continuing on the tradition is Brett, who handles all new product development and sourcing. Under his direction, the factory has added new manufacturing techniques, including Goodyear welted, cemented, and side wall stitched, creating one of the most flexible and capable facilities in the world.
Much like the best denim workshops we work with, the Viberg factory is fully manual with very little automation to be found. For the most part, every pair of Viberg boots starts with careful setting of dies on the hides in the clicker, and is manually cut out. All of the key steps from there are done by hand with the right machine for the job, from upper stitching to bottoming. This rigorous process combined with high-quality leather in the midsoles and uppers create a boot that will likely be with you for life, formed to your feet over time.
Viberg’s 145 Oxford shoe has been around for a good bit. It’s a true work shoe, unlike their sleeker derby. The heavier look is perfect for denim, chinos, even shorts if you want to throw down like a Japanese magazine. Whatever you do though, don’t call it a dress shoe.
Easy to care for naked Kudu in snuff brown works perfectly for a heavy-duty stitchdown shoe like this, and will break in over time. The Kudu is sourced from C.F. Stead, the absolute masters of this particular hide. 2 rows of outsole stitching hold the comfortable and long-lasting Vibram 700/705 combination of heel and sole on.
Take one size smaller than your Brannock size, and consider going down one and a half sizes if you have narrow feet, as the 1035 last has very wide toe box with very little taper.
- Snuff naked Kudu from C.F. Stead in England
- 145 oxford
- Stitchdown construction
- 1035 last
- 5 antique brass eyelets
- Semi-structured toe
- 2 rows of outsole stitching
- Vibram 700 sole / 705 heel
- Take one size smaller than Brannock size
- Made in Victoria, BC, Canada
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.