Viberg is a rare company in footwear these days, continuously owned and operated by the same family since Edwin Viberg turned out the first pair of Service Boots in 1931. Every pair to leave the factory is still finished by Glen Viberg, Ed's son. Continuing on the tradition is Brett, who handles all new product development and sourcing. Under his direction, the factory has added new manufacturing techniques, including Goodyear welted, cemented, and side wall stitched, creating one of the most flexible and capable facilities in the world.
Much like the best denim workshops we work with, the Viberg factory is fully manual with very little automation to be found. For the most part, every pair of Viberg boots starts with careful setting of dies on the hides in the clicker, and is manually cut out. All of the key steps from there are done by hand with the right machine for the job, from upper stitching to bottoming. This rigorous process combined with high-quality leather in the midsoles and uppers create a boot that will likely be with you for life, formed to your feet over time.
The stitchdown Service Boot was the very first boot made by Viberg, and remains their top-seller to this day. Stitchdown construction makes for a bombproof boot that can handle as many resoles as you want to throw at it. Even if you somehow wear through the outsole, it'll still hold together.
These are build on one of Viberg's newer lasts, the 2055 - a variant of the 2045 with no toe bump, and a partially structured toe that will collapse over time. It is very close to a classic Munson last, well known for being one of the most comfortable and forgiving lasts of all time.
We used the reverse size of Horween's Tobacco Chamois to provide an easy-to-care for boot that'll wear in beautifully. 7 gunmetal eyelets take care of lacing duty; and it all sits on the Vibram 430 mini-lug sole and heel.
- Horween Tobacco Reverse Chamois
- Service boot
- 2055 last (2045 with flat toe)
- 7 gunmetal brass eyelets
- Stitchdown construction
- Partially unstructured toe
- Antique midsole edges
- Leather pull
- Vibram 430 mini-lug sole and heel
- Kip lining
- Take one size smaller than your Brannock size
- Made in Victoria, BC, Canada
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Choose one size smaller than your Brannock size, or the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
If you have wide feet, take 1/2 size smaller than Brannock.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.