Kapital is undoubtedly one of our most unique brands, as well as one of our favorites. From their iconic Ring Coats and Century Denim, to the scarves and bandannas we love so much, to their patchwork and Kountry pieces, and everything else they make, Kapital is a brand that has earned their reputation of style, brilliance, and just a hint of madness.
The down vest is one of those mainstay garments that doesn't get a second thought. Maybe you have one, maybe you don't. Either way, it's a piece deeply rooted in outdoor apparel history with iterations appearing over the years from the high-fashion down to the lowest echelons of mall shops.
Kiro Hirata dives deep on that well-worn template to create something unlike any other. Strips of insulation-filled nylon are woven (by hand, of course) to shape the outer shell of this vest, and sewn down to a rayon / cotton lining to stabilize the whole thing. The amount of labor to produce each one is staggering, along with the precision needed to hand-weave the shell into place.
Fits oversized. Dry clean only.
- 100% nylon shell
- 52% rayon, 48% cotton lining
- Polyester insulation fill
- Hand woven exterior
- Oversized fit
- Dry clean only
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Yanni is wearing size 4 (Large)
Their sizing specs are:
5'11 height and 170lbs weight
42" chest and 33" waist
Fits oversized. Dry clean only.
We're on vacation until January 24. Orders will take longer to process and we will be slower responding to e-mails.
Read more about what's affected.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free (please wait for us to notify you that your order is ready)
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.