A good rain shell can be really hard to find. Even rarer, in our experience, is a good rain jacket that looks like this - a nice, friendly yellow coat, with a big hood and roomy pockets. Runabout go one step further, making the platonic ideal of a rain coat, using some of the finest materials and construction methods around.
Its fabric is the perfect blend of utility and aesthetics, as the 6oz, 100% cotton poplin has a remarkably rich color, with tonal variation throughout, and a water-resistant polyurethane finish that will help keep you (and the jacket) nice and dry.
The trims are no joke either, with a two-way Talon #8 zip (with vintage bell pulls) that hides behind a second placket, which itself snaps closed with two-prong oxide finished snaps (featuring leather reinforcement). The very comfy and anatomically shaped hood has a little visor sewn into the front, to help keep your eyes clear as you tramp about.
True to size. No shrink with a cold wash and hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- 6oz poplin with water-resistant paraffin wax finish
- Talon #8 vintage pull double zipper
- Double prong leather backed snaps
- Two large external pockets
- One small internal pockets
- Large hood with visor
- Slight droptail
- Elasticated storm cuffs
- Adjustable drawcords in hood
- True to size
- Custom woven labels
- Spot clean or dry clean only
- Made in Los Angeles, CA (USA)
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size Medium
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Fits true to size. Spot clean or dry clean only.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders $300 and over - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $300 - $12 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $18
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $55
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $55
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Exchanges or returns for store credit will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessively worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- Full terms and conditions are here.
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.