Momotaro are one of the in-house brands of Collect Mills, which means that they produce their own fabrics, and can be as wild or imaginative as they want with them. Though Momotaro is primarily known for their (very good) denim, it would be a crime to ignore their other offerings, the shirts, knits and jackets that make up the rest of the lineup (because they are also very good).
A good workshirt has a home in every closet. Momotaro gives us one sewn up in a heavy 12.5oz indigo dobby cloth, woven at their mill in Japan. It features triple-needle everywhere, with the required chain-stitch run-off on the side seams. Urea buttons keep it closed, with one utility chest pocket and one cigarette pocket (you can keep non-cigarettes in there as well).
These are cut with a fairly slim body and narrow shoulders, we find that most people need to go up one size for the best fit. If you're particularly lean, or just like a snug fit, you can go true to size and wear it tucked it, then over time it will relax a bit from wear (though don't expect it to stretch out a ton). Indigo-dyed, so this shirt will fade over time with wear and washing.
Runs slim - you may need to size up. Minimal shrinkage expected with a cold wash and hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- 12.5oz heavy dobby cloth
- Indigo dyed
- Triple stitched seams
- Urea buttons
- Two bias cut chest pockets
- Fits true to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size 42
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
Runs slim - you may need to size up
We're on vacation until January 24. Orders will take longer to process and we will be slower responding to e-mails.
Read more about what's affected.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free (please wait for us to notify you that your order is ready)
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.