Originally designed in collaboration with General Patton in 1937, this WWII boot comes back to life in a new collaboration between Gary Eastman and John Lofgren. The goal was to build the absolute finest, high-end example of this boot, and they've succeeded.
Tanker boots were made, not surprisingly, for tank operators. Laces and eyelets are dangerous in the tight confines of a tank, catching on things or melting. Straps made for a safer boot, and are used to this day. The boots themselves are taller, with gusset rising to nearly the top of the boot, making them waterproof and resistant to the deep mud of WWII.
The last that these boots are built around was created by taking mold from an original WWII pair, then fine-tuned to produce an elegant silhouette while staying true to the original. The uppers are a veg-tanned horsehide, with a full leather lining. They're Goodyear-welted with a UK-made storm welt for maximum weatherproofing. The soles are a custom Japanese-made reproduction of the original WWII US Army chequered patterned soles. Woven shuttle-loomed labels finish off the boot.
These run quite large. Choose one size smaller than your Brannock size.
- Vegetable-tanned horsehide uppers
- Fully leather lined
- Custom lasts made from the original WWII boots
- Blackened solid brass buckles
- Double stitched at high stress points
- Goodyear storm welts
- Custom US Army WWII soles
- Cat's Paw heels
- Choose 1 size smaller than Brannock device size
- Made in Japan
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Choose one size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Please note some of our shipping rates have changed.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - Free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
Our return policies are different during our November promotion - view the terms and conditions here.
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.