Founded in Tokyo Japan in 2005, FDMTL has established themselves as one of the premier brands of Japanese denim, particularly for their boro and sashiko work. A truly Japan-made brand, all manufacturing, down to the sewing and the fabric, are done entirely in Japan. Everything FDMTL makes is designed with the little details in mind, and a lot of little details at that. From the sashiko fabrics to the aging, wearing, and repairing of each piece, FDMTL wants everything they make to tell a story about how it came to be.
Sewn up in a soft, rinsed, indigo, 100% cotton sashiko fabric, and is partially lined through the top half in a 100% cotton herringbone twill. With dropped shoulders and a long, wide body, this is about as relaxed a jacket as they come. When combined with the shawl collar, the belted waist and patch pockets on the front give it a robe-like impression, which we think is perfect for day-to-day life in 2020.
Runs true to size with a relaxed, oversized fit. No shrinkage expected with a cold wash and hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- Sashiko fabric
- Shawl collar
- Indigo dyed
- Cotton HBT partial lining
- Dropped shoulders
- Oversized fit
- Custom labels
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Runs true to size
- Made in Japan
All measurements are in inches.
Model Yanni wears size Large.
Their sizing specs are:
5'11 height and 170lbs weight
42" chest and 33" waist
Fits true to size with a roomy fit. If you're between sizes, size down. Hand wash and hang dry only.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.