The latest of Mister Freedom's highly limited edition Rock 'n' Roll shirts, the Catalina print, is a collaboration with Japan's Sun Surf label (a branch of Toyo Enterprises) and, obviously, Mister Freedom. A completely custom print, imagined by Christophe Loiron (Mister Freedom himself) and then made a reality through the experts at Sun Surf, the design was inspired by a Fourth of July trip to Catalina that Christophe took.
Santa Catalina, a small island off the coast of Southern California, has been a lot of things: a relaxing getaway spot, a secret military base, an ideal destination for filming Western movies, and, since 1924, home to a herd of Buffalo (who were imported to the island as a "prop" in the western film "The Vanishing American"). Its iconic art-deco architecture and vintage travel ads, as well as its heritage of handmade ceramic art tiles cement the aesthetic of life on Catalina, which show through in the colorful, aquatic design of the print.
The shirt itself is a proper mid-century aloha shirt, with all the details of a vintage shirt from the 1940s/50s. Relaxed fit, open loop collar, and the super soft and comfortable 100% rayon it's sewn up in make this the must have shirt for days at the beach.
The quality of the Rayon cannot be understated, as high quality rayon like this is very costly to produce. Rayon was originally developed in France in the late 1800s, and is a cellulose fiber created from tree pulp - meaning it can be 100% organic. Woven with traditional methods, it wears like silk and breathes remarkably well, making it a pleasure to wear even when it's so hot that just being conscious feels like a chore.
Runs true to size with a relaxed, summery fit. Dry clean or hand wash only, hang to dry.
- 100% rayon woven in Japan
- Custom print developed by Mister Freedom and Sun Surf
- Printed in Japan
- Cut based on vintage aloha shirts from the 1940s and 50s
- 1940s-style open collar
- Pattern-matched chest pocket
- Tonal corozo buttons
- Custom "Rock 'n' Roll" label
- Also custom "Yucatán" label
- Comes in a custom Sun Surf box
- Produced by Mister Freedom, Sun Surf, and Sugar Cane (both divisions of Toyo Enterprise)
- Dry clean or hand wash, hang dry
- Designed in California
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - Free shipping
Orders over $150 - Free shipping
Orders under $150 - Flat rate of $8 shipping
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.