Never a literalist, Christophe Loiron makes better-than-repro garments. Case-in-point: this Type 2 could easily just have been a straight-up copy. Instead, we get the round collar of an A-1, angled front pockets, arrowhead dart stitching, and a great fit. An adjustable buckle-back with hidden selvedge snugs everything up.
The fabric is the is the "SC66" (Sugar Cane 1966) denim, a crispy, slightly hairy, 13.75oz denim. Lining the underside of the collar and the inside of the pocket flap is the other fabric, a new-old-stock woven plaid.
Unsanforized and designed to shrink to the tag size. Measurements on our size chart reflect the pre-washed RAW measurements. Mister Freedom recommends a 30-40 minute long cold soak with occasional agitation and hanging to dry before wearing, to take care of the initial shrinkage.
- 100% cotton
- RAW 13.75oz "Sugar Cane 1966" selvedge denim fabric
- Fabric woven in Japan
- Pleated front with arrowhead dart stitching
- Angled front pocket
- Selvedge front panel fold
- Vintage NOS woven plaid facing for collar and pocket flap
- Brass cast MF® branded copper tack buttons,
- Buckle back, concealed selvedge strap, adjustable, riveted
- True to size
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Made in USA
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches. These are the RAW measurements.
Unsanforized and designed to shrink to the tag size. Mister Freedom recommends a 30-40 minute long cold soak with occasional agitation and hanging to dry before wearing, to take care of the initial shrinkage.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only shipping international orders (except Canda) via DHL. We've had issues with USPS international shipments becoming lost in transit.
All orders over $500 will ship signature required. Please contact us if you need us to waive signature confirmation.
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
View our other policies here
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Starting October 1, 2019 we now require a restocking fee of $25 on all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.